Wednesday, December 1, 2010

You Might Not Want to Read This...

I'm trying to throw 4 essay questions together this morning for a soc class I'm taking, but it's not easy when I can't get the smell of puke out of the carpet. Ok, rewind to last night 2am. Gracie is hacking and coughing for an hour straight! I get up to try and console her the best I can. Her cough is crackling and sounds painful (my poor baby)! I give her a little bit of Tylenol. It obviously doesn't sit well, and she starts coughing again. Then, as I'm holding her, she throws up. Just a little bit on my shirt. I hurry up and face her to the floor, so that, one: it all comes out and she doesn't choke it back up, and two: grosssss. She never spit up much as a baby, and when she did, it smelt like brand new baby, a smell I actually enjoyed. But toddler throw up is the worst! It's not like when I've had to take care of a drunk Jason throwing up, on an empty stomach, all acid and juices (and alcohol too) coming up. Sure it's gross and violent and projectile, but at least it doesn't make me want to join in. (btw; I've only had to take care of a that-drunk-Jason once in my life, and that was a pre-baby, pre-time-to-grow-up stage in our lives.) 

I love my husband very much. He woke up, cleaned the floor, and febreze'd the house while I cleaned up Gracie and myself. Then he rocked her to sleep. He emailed me from work this morning.

"I love you so much. I am sorry Grace is sick and not sleeping well. I'm glad I got to rock her last night though. I love her so much, she is so cute. Its fun to watch her turn into her own little person."

A couple nights ago.
  He's a really good dad, very patient and relaxed, he doesn't get stressed out easily, and he's not one to raise his voice and get angry. All in all, I think I did pretty good! =)

Now go eat lunch or something.