Monday, May 16, 2011

Summing It Up, Thus Far.

Someone nominated my blog at Circle Of Moms under the Top 25 Pregnancy Journals. I'm not sure who it was, but I took a look today and I'm actually in the running at #23. So if you'd like to take a quick second, click here, mossy on down the list a tad, and vote for I Should Be Doing Laundry... that would be neato. Thanks!
So since, apparently my journal has anonymously been named a 'pregnancy journal', I thought I'd sum up my experience carrying baby #2 (Levi) this time around, thus far.

First Trimester:
I spent most of these weeks in the fetal position on the couch while praying that my almost-two-year-old at the time could pretty much fend for herself. Morning sickness my buttocks! It was all day sickness, every single day sickness. The smells, tastes, and even the sight of some things left me running for the bathroom dry-heaving (which is way worse than actually vomiting to me.). I experienced a little sickness with Gracie, but nothing like this. (Everyone, their mother & their cat at this point was convinced I was having a boy. Apparently Old Wives Tales NEVER die).

Second Trimester:
I'm feeling Ahhh- MAZING!!! at this point. I could stay pregnant all my life if needed be (I jumped the gun a little bit). I felt great. I'd seriously forget I was even pregnant until my growing belly got in the way of something/someone, or when people had to remind me to 'not pick that up!!'. I'm a very do-it-myself kind of girl. I don't like that feeling of being handicapped from doing something I can normally do on my own.

Third Trimester (My Armageddon?):
I am soo over it. This is my last pregnancy, and at first I was a little sad I'd be experiencing all this for the very last time. Yea. That feeling is now out. the. window. I feel fat, I feel tired, I feel like I'm 80 years old. At night I try and hold my bladder as long as I can to keep from having to get out of bed. I'm not sleeping well, and I've got one (going on two now) pinched static nerve, which at times makes it hard to even sit still. I am convinced that if I was not a SAHM right now, I'd have to go start my leave of absence right now. And my doctor says my tummy is measuring bigger than average. BUT! Aside from the pain and extreme low-self esteem I'm experiencing this trimester, feeling those kicks and tumbles that my little dude in there is doing... makes all the pain worth it. Remembering what it's like to hold Grace for the first time, and now actually knowing how it's like to see your child and love them unconditionally at first sight... yep. All. Worth. It. I would do it a million more times for Grace if I had to. And I know I'll feel the same way about my little boy.