Monday, July 20, 2009

human-snackin' gorillas.

I woke up this morning to the sound of my baby monitor picking up someone's radio or something. It was weird. I have this silly, silly fear that the monitor will pick up white noise (ya know, noise from the beyond), so I try and keep it turned real low at night. I don't believe in ghosts or spirits contacting the living, but I still get scared. (Like how I love horror movies & being scared, but every time immediately regret watching it, because then I find myself too scared to use the bathroom at night.) I don't know if anyone remembers the movie Congo. It was about those human eating gorillas. For months after seeing that movie, I kept a cup in my bedroom to pee in, because I guess I thought there might be a Deena-eating gorilla hiding in my tub. Ya, a gorilla that travelled all the way from the Congo in Africa, found my street address, somehow had a key copied to let himself into our house while everyone was sleeping, and made himself comfy in the bathtub licking his lips while praying that I would have a bladder movement. Annnnd I have no clue where I was going with this? =)